Hey there! Have you ever dropped your phone and felt the sudden heartbreak of a broken screen? If so, we know how frustrating it can be to have a cracked phone screen.
But have you ever tried fixing your broken mobile phone screen with Toothpaste? Never? Have you ever heard about the Toothpaste hack for broken smartphone screens? Yes, well, you definitely must have.
A lot of people out there swear by regular White Toothpaste for fixing their mobile screens. This hack can be a quick and effective solution; forever, it has been helping individuals.
This article is about walking through the steps to repair a broken phone screen with Toothpaste. So, before you step out to the repair center and handle those huge bills, give a shot at this quick fix. It’s time to fix your phone right where you broke it. This simple hack is worth a shot, and you can always reach professionals for any help.
So, are you ready to give it a go? Great! Keep reading, and you’ll be amazed at how easy it can be!
Fixing Broken Phone Screen With Toothpaste
- Clean the screen with a soft cloth to remove any dirt and debris.
- Squeeze a small amount of Toothpaste onto the screen.
- Spread the Toothpaste evenly over the crack with a soft cloth.
- Let the Toothpaste sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Wipe off the Toothpaste with a soft cloth.
- Check the crack to see if it has been filled.
- Repeat the process if the crack is still visible.
- Clean the screen one final time with a soft cloth to remove any leftover toothpaste.
Note: Toothpaste works best for small cracks. If the crack is too big, it is recommended to get the phone screen professionally repaired.
How does Toothpaste Fix a Broken Phone Screen?
Toothpaste is abrasive in nature, and that is an undeniable fact. Every tube of Toothpaste contains a mild abrasive that aids in removing debris and stains from your teeth. The same abrasiveness also helps when you try to repair any broken glass. It basically fills in the cracks on your phone screen and removes all the minor scratches and cracks.
Here’s how it works:
When you apply the Toothpaste to the crack, the mild abrasive in the Toothpaste smooths out the surface. It basically brings down the level of the phone’s screen to that of scratch, making it smooth. The pressure of spreading the Toothpaste over the crack also helps to push the material into the gap. Therefore within a matter of few minutes, you will observe how efficiently the scratch vanishes off from your mobile phone’s screen.
However, it is crucial to use non-gel Toothpaste, probably regular White Toothpaste. It is because gel toothpaste is too thick. They, in fact, are not worth the hack since their gel texture cannot provide enough abrasiveness to fill in the crack. Additionally, White Toothpaste is a better option since color or gel toothpaste can also affect the appearance of your screen.
Drawbacks of Using Toothpaste to Repair a Broken Phone Screen
Toothpaste definitely helps in repairing broken phone screens or scratches on glass. This hack has been used for years, and people across the world swear by it. However, before you go ahead with this, let’s take a closer look at the drawbacks it can lead to.
Using Toothpaste on your mobile phone, laptop screen or on your sunglasses isn’t always the best thing to do. It, in fact, can be one of the biggest mistakes you may regret in the future. Wondering why? Well, we have everything explained below:
- It offers limited effectiveness: Using Toothpaste to fix a broken phone screen is a temporary solution at best. It may hide the cracks for a while, but it won’t last long. The cracks will reappear as soon as you apply pressure on the screen, making it a short-term solution. It, in fact, isn’t actually repairing the scratch but somewhat damaging the screen.
- It is undoubtedly a messy process: Applying Toothpaste to your phone screen is a messy process. You’ll have to make sure that you don’t get any of the Toothpaste on the phone’s buttons or ports. Additionally, you’ll have to clean the screen thoroughly after you’ve applied the Toothpaste, which can be a hassle. Toothpaste, even a grain size of it if it enters your mobile phone’s internal section, can lead to irreversible damage.
- It comes with risks of further damage: Using Toothpaste on your phone screen can also lead to further damage. If you apply too much pressure while spreading the Toothpaste, you can crack the screen even more. Additionally, leaving Toothpaste on the screen for too long can damage the screen’s sensitive materials. And, of course, the abrasiveness of Toothpaste, which you think is filling the cracks, is basically rubbing down your phone’s protective layer.
- Lastly, it will reduce the Screen quality: Remember using Toothpaste on your phone screen can also reduce the screen’s quality. The Toothpaste can leave residue on the screen, dulling the screen’s color and making it look hazy.
Common Hacks to Repair a Broken Phone Screen (Besides Toothpaste)
If you’ve got a broken phone screen, you might feel like you’re stuck in a huge mess. Phones today to get through the day, and it is nearly impossible (for many) to process without them. But on the other hand, you don’t want to spend a lot of money on repairing it. There are plenty of options available for fixing a broken phone screen:
- Tape: This is the simplest and most straightforward option. Just take a piece of clear tape and cover the crack. It may not look pretty, but it protects the screen and keeps it from cracking further.
- Hot glue: If you’re handy with a hot glue gun, you can use it to fill in cracks and make the screen look a little better. Simply heat up the glue and fill in the cracks, making sure it’s smooth and even.
- Silicone sealant: This option is a bit messier, but it’s also more effective. Apply a small amount of silicone sealant to the crack, using a toothpick to smooth it out. Let it dry completely, and then peel off the excess.
- Liquid screen protector: This is a more advanced option, but it’s also very effective. Liquid screen protectors are designed to fill in cracks and protect your screen from further damage. Simply apply a small amount to the crack, let it dry, and you’re good to go.
No matter which option you choose, it’s important to be patient and follow the instructions carefully. Toothpaste hacks are surely advised by many, but when you are not sure enough. It’s best to take it to a professional. It is better to spend a few dollars on repairing than to damage your mobile phone completely.
Hi, This is Lyn, I suffer from dental sensitivity for a very long time. PowerToothpaste.com is where I share my views of various toothpaste brands, along with tips on how to use toothpaste and what to look for when purchasing.